Royal Yacht Squadron Cufflinks & Studs with a Royal Connection
- A finely made pair of 18 carat yellow gold and blue enamel cufflinks with three matching studs fitted in their original case. The subject of the set is the Royal Yacht Squadron emblem of anchor, chain and crown in blue enamel with the scrolled initials of RYS. Attached to the lid of the fitted case is a hand written note with the wording “From The Prince of Wales”
- This Victorian set would undoubtedly have been made circa 1870-80.
- I believe this set was presented by the Edward the Prince of Wales to a member of the Royal Yacht Squadron sometime during the 60 year period he held as Prince of Wales and prior to his ascension to the throne as King Edward VII in 1901.
- Hallmarked 18ct denoting 18 carat gold of English origin.
- Cufflinks face measures 18mm x 15mm with figure of 8 connections.
Stock no. 2086
Member of BADA bada.org and Lapada